Monday, April 26, 2010

Introducing....

Kalli Faith Huffman. She finally arrived on April 22, 2010. She is our little Earth baby =). So I hit my due date and was starting to get impatient. I had a question about something for my doctor and he told me to come in and see him the next day (now 3 days late). He said it was nothing to worry about and sent me back home... I was sooo bummed! I took the kids bowling and ran some errands, but started to feel contractions every 20 minutes. I continued to have contractions every 20 minutes from 2pm to 5am- yeah, really fun! I basically didn't get any sleep- around 5am they started coming 10 minutes apart- my doctor said to come in when they were 5 mins apart. So I got up to shower and all of a sudden they started coming every 2-3 mins- I turned off the shower and told Matt we had to go now!! It was raining and I felt myself wanting to push in the car! I started to worry about two things: I wouldn't make it to the hospital and if I did, it would be too late for the epidural. When I got to my room, the nurse checked me and said I was at a 9... I asked if I could please have the epidural. I could tell she thought I was a wuss, but I really wanted the pain to stop!!! I got my epidural, then just sat back and relaxed talking story with my doctor. She came after 4 pushes. I think we got to the hospital at 6:15 and she came at 8:15am. She looked just like Keia. She weighed 7lbs exactly. The whole hospital experience was awesome- I didn't want to put her down. Matt and I feel so blessed once again to have a beautiful, healthy baby.

Anywho- the name. So for months we were going to name her Maisy, but then one day a few weeks before she was due- Matt said I will use any name except Maisy. At this point the kids were calling her baby Maisy and I was starting to tell people that was the name. I always liked the name Kalli- but he was never that stoked on it- but he brought the name up again. This time when he told people the name- he liked their reaction! I liked Kalli because we feel so happy to be back in California and know this is our home now. Also- we kept the girls to all be K's- cheesy I know! For the middle name- we didn't want to choose a family name because this is most likely our last child and Keia has my side and Mattix has his side- so I have always loved the name Faith. It seemed appropriate for Kalli since I had over 50 doctor appointments between the Swine Flu, getting the parvovirus, and the Thryroid specialist. It took a lot of faith and prayers hoping she would make it to us safely. Also- our move to California was a huge leap of faith for us- so the name stuck. Hopefully some cuter pictures will be on their way- our kids are always weird looking in the hospital =)









20 comments:

Ashley said...

She is beautiful!! Congratulations! I wish we could come see you all! Love ya!

Megumi said...

Oh my goodness! She is just precious, and the picture of her and Keia is so adorable! I love the name too! it's so great to hear that your hospital experience was a good (and quick) one. So happy for you and your family!
Congratulations!!!

Tamsyn said...

Congratulations!!! I love the name! Hope you are doing well!

Ash said...

So beautiful! Congratulations!

Carly said...

I was hoping as I was reading this that you would have had her in your car! Ha. No--I wouldn't wish that on anyone! But crazy how fast it all happened. Congrats. I was thinking she was due anytime now. So happy to see an update. Hope you are surviving and getting some sleep here and there! I love the name--and the story behind it. Very cool! Can't wait to see more pictures!

Brooke Colvin said...

Congratulations Kendra and Matt!! Little Kalli is so cute - and yes, they get cuter after leaving the hospital, despite how cute they look when you first meet them. Wow, that was a fast labor though! I'm glad you were able to get the epidural in time. I am so happy for you guys! I am sure Keia is a great big sister and is helping a lot (whether you ask for it or not :) Good luck with everything!

Tarwaters said...

What a cutie! Congrats! We I hope you are all doing well!

marcy said...

What a beautiful, sweet and precious baby! We are so happy for you and Matt. GREAT NAME! We can hardly wait to meet her in person. For now, we love the pictures. Motherhood is grand and hope you are feeling good.Fast delivery too. If she had been born in the car maybe it would have been Kalli Camry or something. :)

Noriko Anderson said...

Congrats... We are so excited for you guys... we are still terrified of having #3, so let us know how it is... maybe we will consider it... anyway, i'm glad you made it to the hospital and everything went good. It's been way too long... the last time we saw you guys Keia was like 6 months old!

SP said...

I know how your not a big fan of the new born stage but enjoy every minute since Kalli most likely will be your last :( She does look so much like Keia did congrats guys! Take care, the Perritons

Anonymous said...

How exciting! I'm so glad everyone is happy and healthy!!

Jill said...

Oh I am so excited for you guys! Three was a hard transition at first but it didn't take long to get into the groove of things. She is adorable and I seriously am so happy for you guys!!! I get to post like this in about 4 weeks!!!

Eryn said...

She is absolutely beautiful and precious!!! Congrats!

Bonnie said...

Adorable! Congratulations. I think about you often as I walk the streets of Russia. So weird, that I'm serving a mission, and Keia is 5, and you just had your 3rd baby. Life just takes us all over the place.

Sister Corbett

alisha said...

congrats! another beautiful baby:)
we'd love to see her! now...try to get some sleep, lol!

Miss Fergie said...

Aww, she is so cute! I can't believe you were a 9, yikes! And yes more pics soon! love ya!

Molly said...

Congrats Matt & Kendra! We sure miss you guys! Keep in touch!

Blake and Kacie Bennett said...

She is BEAUTIFUL! I'm so happy for you guys!

Cami said...

She is beautiful and perfect! Congrats.

Feather Fam. said...

How in the world have I not commented on this... I have read it a ton of times! And here I am again reading it, looking at the pictures, and reading replies and I haven't COMMENTED!??!?! Am I the worst friend or what? I love her already, I want to love her and kiss her (I need the practice because I am going to be so lost when our nugget gets here!!?!?) Congratulations... we love you!