I was in dreamland the first three months of my new baby's life and when four months hit, I was tired!! Everyday I felt exhausted and overwhelmed. I decided to sleep train him to help with my tiredness. After a month of literally trying and him still waking up at night crying for hours- yes, hours... my friend lent me her book which has become a dream come true!! It is called: The Sleepeasy Solution. Where have you been all my life and why did I only discover you for my last child? Either way, it worked on Kori. He is now sleeping from 7:30pm to 6:30am everyday.
So, speaking of feeling tired, I was reading this awesome blog from one of my favorite author's who wrote my life-changing money book: Kate Northrup. She talked about how some of us are addicted to busyness. Basically that we feel validated through being busy and productive. That is so me. I was always proud of my productive personality, which is a good thing, but not when we are seeking validation on who we are from it. Here are some thoughts she said:
-Let us know our worth in simply being.
-Let us know we are enough because we are.
-Let us begin to let down the burden of busy.
This has helped me so much, especially right now when I am feeling the frustrations of not getting anything done because I have a 4 month old who needs my attention constantly. Why can't I realize that this time goes by so fast and just cherish our time together? At some point however, we do need to eat dinner and have clean clothes =) Be present.
Tuesday, October 21, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment