
As many of you know, our move here to San Diego has been a financial challenge, it can be very stressful at times. Matt and I were reading about the Chinese Bamboo Tree and it helped put everything into perspective:
"After the seed for this amazing tree is planted, you see nothing, absolutely nothing, for FOUR years except for a tiny shoot coming out of a bulb. During those four years, all the growth is underground in a massive, fibrous root structure that spreads deep and wide in the earth. But then in the FIFTH year the Chinese bamboo tree grows up to eighty feet!" Stephen Covey- 7 Habits for Highly Effective Families
Right now we are working underground and it gets frustrating because you don't always see the fruit of your labors, however I know once we get through the "growth" stage, the results will be amazing. Just remember: if you are going through a life change and it is for the positive, just keep working your roots, and when your foundation is strong, then you will see the results and you will be unstoppable.
Tuesday, May 24, 2011
The Chinese Bamboo Tree
Posted by Kendra at 10:33 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
THANKS KENDRA, YOU ARE ALWAYS SO UPLIFTING AND POSITIVE. I THINK YOU SHOULD MAKE A CALENDAR OF ALL YOUR WISDOM, SO PEOPLE CAN HAVE A LITTLE INSPIRATION EVERY DAY!
Awesome Kendra!!!
...And I may be using this for an object lesson one of these days :)
I love it, Kendra! It's so true!
By the way...I miss having you close by! :)
Post a Comment