Thursday, March 29, 2012

March 29th 2012

This day will go down in history for the Huffman House for two reasons:

Number One:

MIss Keia turned 7 years old today! It blows my mind- and yes I will probably be saying that every birthday from here on out, but it is soo crazy how much older she seems to me. We started her celebrations with my family at Balboa Park. Keia requested "nerd" cupcakes. Then for her birthday today she got to pick a "sugary" cereal for breakfast- Lucky Charms =(, I can deal with once a year. Then I picked up Keia and her best friend Kylie and took them to the movies. I am so proud of this girl and even though we have our battles, I know she is someone who will always stand up for herself and hopefully for what is right. Happiest Birthday baby girl- my special firstborn.




Okay now for Number 2:


A really good friend of mine (Ms. Cristina) recommended a book to me: The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey. I started checking it out on Wednesday evening, decided to get the book, and now we are almost half-way done. So we took a bold step today and cut up all our credit cards and the Huffman House is working towards being DEBT-FREE!


Here we go...I'll keep you posted!

1 comments:

Rucker Family said...

Happy belated Birthday sweet Keia! Good luck with being debt free---hopefully we'll get there someday too. ;)