Thursday, September 19, 2013

Moments

It seems so long ago when Keia was this little.  She is about 18 months in this picture and it seems like a different lifetime.  I have really been praying to have "moments" with my kids each day.  I will catch myself just trying to get through the day and get a thousand things accomplished.  And when I do have a free moment- I am checking my email on my phone.  I am so grateful when I take time to slow down and observe my children or take the time to let them share any of their random thoughts.  I felt overwhelmingly grateful for my family today.  I wish I could freeze us and put us in a bottle and never have us grow any older.  This has been the funnest stage of parenting so far and I am truly blessed for every "moment."
Today's moment:  Sitting close to Mattix during Keia's soccer practice and listening to him talk about really random things.  His eyes were twitching from his ticks that he has had since birth and he would make himself laugh and turn to me and give me his awesome smile- best smile in our fam.  He put his arm up on my leg and just gabbed away- coming from a boy who at times gets lost in the crowd from his domineering sisters.  Just me and him and all my attention- it was a beautiful moment that I could have missed. (Turned my phone off ;)

                                                                   Sweet Mattix

0 comments: