Friday, February 26, 2016
Sunshine
The sun has come out in Utah! Growing up in San Diego, I love the sun. I literally felt so happy this week. It has been in the 40's and 50's- so I took my kids to the park everyday this week and let the sun warm my face.
It is funny how our perspective can change. In California if the weather was 60 degrees I forced my children to wear pants and warm jackets. The first thing I would ask them when they got home was if they were cold at school. Today Kori went to the park in shorts in 48 degree weather. It was a good reminder that we can see things differently- that things are not always as they seem. We can change. It also reminded me that two people could feel two different things in the same "weather."
Unless we value the differences in our perceptions, unless we value each other and give credence to the possibility that we're both right, that life is not always a dichotomous either/or, that there are almost always third alternatives, we will never be able to transcend the limits of that conditioning.
Stephan Covey
Don't these pictures just make you happy! Thank you for coming back sun, please stay awhile.
Posted by Kendra at 4:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment