Wednesday, February 3, 2016
Itchy legs
This is not my leg, but it is a nice one. I picked up running again as part of my workouts. Every time I start to run again, I get really bad itchy legs. Apparently it is caused by our capillaries expanding from our rapid heart beat and faster blood flow- who knew? Once I start running more often, the itchy legs go away. But even if I miss for a week, then I will have them for that first run. I'm itching myself just thinking about it. Anywho- yesterday during my "itchy legs" run, which lasts about 5 mins, I wanted to scream and just run off the treadmill. However, I know that once the itchiness goes away, then I feel a major runner's high and feel like I could run for miles. How many of us are giving up when it starts to itch, without waiting it out for the awesome high afterwards? I think about how many times I don't want to go out of my comfort zone, so I can avoid having "itchy legs", even if it only lasts 5 mins in a 30 min run. The more we push ourselves out of our comfort, the greater the reward. None of us on this Earth were meant to be mediocre, not when we were designed after God. So...Push yourself and go get your legs itchy!
Posted by Kendra at 10:48 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment