Friday, April 22, 2016

Goin goin, back to back to, Cali Cali...

No, you don't need to adjust your eyes, you read that right, we are moving BACK to California.  It will be almost exactly a year we were in Utah by the time we move.  What about the house we bought, you ask?  We let it go.  Matt came home one evening and at the dinner table with the kiddies, said that his company would be opening an office in Southern California- what did we think?  I started to cry tears into my chicken- what just happened?  This move to Utah was so emotionally hard.  I was just starting to adjust to living here and we are moving back?!  I had way too many emotions at that table.  Why would God lead us here if we are only going back?  There are too many answers to that question, because I know there were lessons I needed to learn here that I could of and would not of learned in my comfort zone San Diego.  There are still some unanswered questions about our move back, I still don't know all the details and how it is all going to come together, however I do KNOW it will.  I know God has a plan for me and my family, I am along for the ride.  I loved what Al Carraway said in one of her blog posts- (just pretend that it is me saying it):

I wish I could just yell to myself in the past, “YOU’LL BE ALL RIGHT! YOUR LIFE TURNS OUT AWESOME!” But of course it turns out awesome, because that’s what God will always do for us. We may not have all the answers we want about our future, but we know enough: we are led by an all powerful, all loving God.

So now, we do the only things we know how to do. Keep going. Keep trusting Him. See where the Spirit will lead us next. See what lessons we’ll learn, the experiences we’ll have, the people we’ll meet, the states we’ll live in, the talents we’ll develop, the trials we’ll conquer. Try not to yell at God when things don’t make sense and when they are so hard. Stay patient and faithful and allow life to unfold the way He would have it. 

You may not have gone where you had in mind, but you will end up where you need to be with better blessings. Never let a change of course take away from the unchangeable truth that God is taking care of you. Because you will never be asked to do something that would not be for the absolute best for you.

I love that last part, I may not have gone where I had in mind (Utah), but I'll end up where I need to be with better blessings (California, for now).  I woke up the next day after Matt had announced that at dinner.  I smiled in bed and said YES, of course I want to be back in California and was sooo happy at the opportunity.  I'm coming back sunshine and beach- we missed each other!

0 comments: