This is Tara Mohr, I have learned many insights from her. I loved an essay she wrote and wanted to share a thought that struck me.
She says, "Feedback doesn't tell you about yourself. It tells you about the person giving the feedback. When we look at praise and criticism as information about the people giving it, we tend to get really curious about the feedback, rather than dejected or defensive."
I loved this concept! I tell my kids all the time to be Brave. I just love that word and everything it represents. However, will my girls especially, be brave? Or will they worry that they won't fit in or be likable by others? We will not please everyone, that isn't the point. We are meant to follow what feels right to us deep in our cores and what we feel drawn to, and not let others "thoughts and opinions" stand in our way.
"Remember that all distinctive work is going to bring both praise and criticism. Your boldest and best work is likely going to be adored by some people and strongly disliked by others. Period. No need to fix or change that- you have your audience, and it's NOT everyone."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment