I hope everyone had a special Mother's day. Matt did good this year... he cooked egg omelets for breakfast and we all ate outside to eat them. It was beautiful in San Diego today- almost 80 degrees. Then off to a great day at church. Matt cooked us rice bowls for dinner, the kids were not crazy about them, but I loved them! Thanks boo, I love you.
Anywho, Mothers. My mother Karen Jensen, has taught me a lot through my years, but her unconditional love has been the biggest blessing in my life. I know there are many kids out there who don't know if their parents love them and that breaks my heart. I feel like we can face anything in life, knowing one person loves you no matter what. One piece of advice I would like to pass on from my mother is her motto for herself. She heard it from a talk and it struck a chord, now she lives by this:
"I may not be living my dream life, but I am living the Plan."
As for my own bit of Motherly two cents, this is just what I have been learning lately. With my personality, it can be all or nothing. But Heavenly Father is slowly teaching me that life doesn't work this way. You don't have a good day or a bad day, we have moments of joy, moments of anger, moments of sadness running through our veins each day. I'm learning to be fully present and not miss any joyful moments. It is hard for me to stop my daily checklist to pause and not miss a moment with my kids. Here is an example: It has become quite a challenge for me to keep up on my housework, I work part-timish at home, so when I do have some "free time" I am working. One Friday, I finally had time to really get some cleaning done, and when I start something- I like to finish! I was in the middle of cleaning my cluttered kitchen, when Kalli came downstairs dressed in her princess tutu. She looked up at me with her giant brown eyes and asked if I would blow her bubbles. I looked at her and the old me would have said- yes, after I finish cleaning the kitchen. But the new learning me, put down my cleaning sponge and sat outside with her blowing bubbles. I didn't take my phone and check it, it was just me and her enjoying a beautiful "moment" of laughing and blowing bubbles. That moment didn't take my whole day or mess up my whole schedule- it took ten minutes of my time and that memory is now locked in my head. So, to all you mothers or caregivers of children, look for and don't pass up "moments" in your day- because, they truly only last a moment.
Sunday, May 12, 2013
Happiest Mother's Day
Posted by Kendra at 9:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
I LOVE this post! I'm so glad I'm following you!! Great advice, I especially liked the part of not bringing your phone and checking it. I've been trying that since conference. It's hard but doable if I really make an effort to leave it in the other room
Post a Comment