As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he (Proverbs 23:7)
Are you being nice to yourself? I think we talk to ourselves all day, but are we really hard on ourselves at times? I'm learning in my "Perfectionism" book that words matter. Think about this thought you may have said to yourself:
I am so stupid, why did I do that? Now compare it to this thought: That was not very smart, but I can improve that for next time. See how you give yourself a break? Also, there is a big difference between saying you ARE something (I am stupid) compared to you DID something (that was not smart).
So, what is my point you ask? Be nicer to yourself, don't be so hard on you- we are NOT perfect. I love how she says, "Changing your thoughts changes your feelings." Life will be more enjoyable and relaxed when we learn to be less harsh, we may be even give others a break as well!
Tuesday, May 21, 2013
Self-Talk
Posted by Kendra at 7:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment