Saturday, May 11, 2013

The Birds and the Bees

Keia has been 8 for 43 days- and in those 43 days she has asked me what the "f-word" is (gasp) and how are babies made. She continues to come home and tell me the things her friends saw in their PG-13 movies. I guess I wasn't ready for Keia to start growing up. I am determined to have my children hear things from me first- since things were not discussed in my home growing up. I remember needing my first bra and I couldn't even say the word to my mom. So today was my first simple discussion on the "birds and the bees"- which by the way people started using in the "old days" because bees carry and deposit the pollen into flowers (good intro into the man's role) and birds lay eggs (lets talk ovulation). With my heart racing a bit, I decided to just give her a few details and see if she would ask for more information. I basically talked about the sperm reaching an egg and if a miracle occurs it will make a baby. That satisfied her for now- Keia is always very curious. If anyone has any suggestions on this topic- please let me know!! I can do this.

1 comments:

The Turnbulls said...

oh man! So not looking forward to that conversation! Good job mama!